Governor Meeting News
At the end of every Governing Body meeting, we look back at the items we have covered during the meeting and ask ourselves the following question:
"What have we achieved tonight that will improve outcomes for our children?"
Through continued self-monitoring and review, we can ensure that the Governing Body operates purposefully, contributing to effective governance and the success of the school. Below are some of the key points from recent Governor meetings.
Meeting 15th March 2021:
- Agreed admission arrangements, securing next cohort of children into school.
- Accepted policies, ensuring safe, positive, working practises across school.
- Raised awareness of CPD opportunities, increasing Governor knowledge and effectiveness.
Meeting 8th February 2021:
- Agreed security proposals, improving safety across whole school site.
- Reviewed Covid situation and subsequent school response, with focused remote / class learning programme in place to support all.
Meeting 16th November 2020:
- Approved leadership plans, ensuring continuation of leadership and direction.
- Welcomed new Governor to Governing Body, strengthening team and bringing fresh strengths and skills.
- Approved policies, ensuring good working practices in place, and statutory requirements met.
Meeting 28th September 2020:
- Allocated Link Governors, utilising individual skills and knowledge, allowing for consistent monitoring across school and curriculum areas.
- Agreed Chair and Vice Chair roles, ensuring clear direction for Governing Body, and promoting Governor CPD.
- Approved SIP proposals, allowing for measurable improvements across school, and improving learning outcomes for children.
Meeting 13th July 2020:
- Agreed plans for return to school in September, ensuring continued safe education provision for all.
- Agreed CIF bid funding contribution, securing building improvement plans.
- Considered and agreed staff wellbeing plans, promoting wellness and positive mental health.
Meeting 16th June 2020:
- Reviewed school and Trust response to Coronavirus pandemic, to ensure continued education provision to all.
- Received and accepted HT retirement plans, and actioned future recruitment plans, ensuring leadership continuity and progression.
- Identified further training opportunities, increasing Governor CPD and effectiveness.
- Reviewed budget and staffing plans, securing experienced staff and allowing for best possible pupil outcomes.
Meeting 28th January 2020:
- Welcomed new Governors and allocated link roles, strengthening existing membership and bringing new skill sets.
- Approved fencing purchase, improving safeguarding measures for school and children.
- Discussed future headship plans, ensuring leadership continuity and progression.
Full details of the work of the Governing Body is captured in approved minutes, available to view on request.