PE and Sport Premium
The dedicated primary PE and Sport Premium, which was introduced in March 2013 and began the following September, goes directly to primary school head teachers so that they can decide how best to use it to provide sporting activities for pupils.
Primary schools around England are already using the premium to:
- up-skill teachers to improve the quality of sport lessons
- invest in quality coaching
- provide more opportunities for pupils to take part in inter-school competitions
- offer more after-school clubs
- purchase better equipment
- introduce new and unusual sports like fencing, climbing, ultimate frisbee and Danish long-ball to encourage more children to enjoy sport
- improve sport teaching for children with special educational needs
- boost Change4Lifeclubs, helping children build a healthier lifestyle
What does this mean for Aldercar Infant school?
For 2022-23, we expect to receive approximately £17500 in Sport Premium Funding.
We will be using the money to ensure resources for PE are of high quality and ensure lessons are well equipped.
The children access a wider variety of sports and competitions in and out of school.
After school clubs have also been set up using the funding in which all children can access and develop their skills. We are hoping that offering a range of familiar and different sports, such as boccia and dodgeball, will increase the amount of children that participate in sporting after school clubs.
Bikeability has also been into Aldercar Infants on a yearly basis to teach children to become more confident riders. They worked with reception children and Year 2 to develop their confidence and help them progress from a balance bike to a pedal bike.
Using the PE funding we have had an assembly with inspirational, local athlete Phil Hogg. Who came to show us that you can achieve anything if you have determination.
The funding is also used to enhance the physical provision around school for all children to access, through forest schools and playground facilities. Puddle suits have been purchased this year using the funding to ensure that all children can physically active outside regardless of the weather.
For further details of our Sports Premium action plans, please click on the link below:
Sport Premium report 2022-23