Home School Agreement
The Home-School Agreement is a simple agreement between school, pupils and parent/carers which outlines effective ways in which we can agree to work together, to foster and maintain respectful and pro-active relationships as your child moves through school.
The Children's Agreement
I will do my best to follow the three school rules:
- Follow instructions with thought and care.
- Show good manners at all times.
- Care for everything and everyone.
The Parent / Carer agreement
I/we will do my/our best to:
- Ensure that my child comes to school regularly, on time and ready to learn.
- Ensure that my child comes to school with all the equipment they need and appropriately dressed according to school policy.
- Inform the school of any issues which may affect my child’s work or behaviour.
- Support my child with reading and any other home learning activities following guidance offered by the school.
- Attend parent consultations and other discussions about my child’s progress.
- Support all the school policies and guidelines for behaviour.
- Respect, acknowledge and treat all staff as a professional.
- Encourage my child to become independent and look after their own things
- Encourage my child to treat everyone within school with respect and consideration at all times.
- Contact school every day that my child is absent for any reason.
The School Agreement:
At school we will:
- Treat your child fairly, care for them well and do our very best to ensure they are happy and safe.
- Ensure that your child is well educated and that they are encouraged to achieve their full potential in all aspects of school life.
- Help your child to develop a sense of responsibility and to be considerate of others.
- Provide a well-balanced curriculum to meet your child’s individual needs.
- Keep you informed about school matters – pupil progress/attendance/successes/concerns.
- Arrange parent consultations during which your child’s progress will be discussed.
- Send an annual written report about your child’s progress.
- Keep you informed about school activities through text messages, email, and Class Dojo.
- Offer the opportunity to become an active partner in your child’s learning and school life.
- Be mindful of our responsibilities for the spiritual, ethical & moral development of your child.
- Welcome children of all religious and cultural beliefs.
We ask that all parents/carers sign their acceptance of the Home School Agreement by completing the online form, available here.