Our Governing Body
A warm welcome from our Governing Body
As Governors of Aldercar Infant and Nursery School, we would like to extend a warm welcome to our caring and inclusive school.
We are very proud of the children's achievement and progress, and value our partnership with staff, parents and the wider community, working closely together to ensure that 'the children are the stars’ at Aldercar.
Our Governance structure and aims
Our Governing Body is made up of nine elected members who represent a cross-section of the Aldercar and Langley Mill community:
- 1 Staff Governor (elected by staff)
- 2 Parent Governors (elected by parents at the school)
- 5 Co-Opted Governors (appointed by the Governing Body)
Each of our Governing Body members (not including the Headteacher) is elected for a term of four years, and all members have an equal input within the Governing Body.
In accordance with the Government's requirement for all governing bodies, we have three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
The Governing Body works together as one team, with no separate committees, which allows all members to have a full overview of the school's strategic and operational position.
Aldercar Infant and Nursery School
Tel: 01773 713428